Saturday, February 13, 2016

The Indian Family Kitchen Cookbook

I'm a glutton for cookbooks. I can't get enough of them. Some definitely are better quality than others. The Indian Family Kitchen is one of the better ones. The pictures are amazing and make the food look delicious.
This was not your typical Ethnic Cookbook either. I love cooking Indian but many times the recipes seem overly complicated or time consuming. Anjali Pathak takes Indian flavors and some traditional dishes and makes them accessible to anyone wanting to cook them. She twists dishes of other regions cuisines and gives them an Indian flavor profile. She gives you shortcuts to make traditional Indian recipes from an American kitchen with more commonly found ingredients.
There are a ton of recipes I can't wait to try and my mouths waters just skipping through the pictures. Anjali also in her short descriptions of each dish really brings you into her life with short stories of her inspirations for dishes.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment