Saturday, February 20, 2016

Girl of Myth and Legend

Leonie is a seventeen old girl who is stuck in her routine of life. That is until she falls to the ground and begins to glow, which is the beginning of a brand new life. She is of a race called the Chosen, which her father has been hiding from her her whole life. She apparently is a Pulsar, the first in two hundred years, and everyone wants to control her, and she doesn't even know if she wants to be part of that world.
I enjoyed the world that the Girl of Myth and Legend takes place in. I felt like the pacing of the book was a bit off. The beginning was rushed, I'd have liked to get to know Leonie a bit more before she changed. And the travel to her new land I really enjoyed the wonder Leonie felt and the complexity of Korren, her kytean companion. I look forward to the next book in the series, and recommend this book overall as a good modern fantasy read.
I received this book for review at NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment